Brake issue and wheel hot...no idea!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake issue and wheel hot...no idea!

I have a 2010 F150 and about six weeks ago I put new wheels and tires on the truck. I decided to put new Wagner ThermoQuiet pads all the way around to keep down on the dust. Everything went together easy and seemed to be in good shape (28K miles). After a drive, I came home to clean my truck and noticed the front right wheel was hot. After taking it apart I saw the rotor had some buildup and had grooved the pad, I had the rotor turned and replaced the pad. The wheel still gets hot. Replaced the caliper. Wheel still gets hot. Replaced the rotor. Wheel still gets hot. Replaced the soft brake line. Wheel still gets hot. Used a hand held vacuum pump to bleed the brakes. Really need some help. I'm supposed to tow my boat to the shop 60 miles away tomorrow and I have no idea how to fix this. The truck makes no sounds and doesn't pull to the side. Thanks for any help!

Old 05-21-2015, 09:49 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Did you install the correct pads on the correct sides? Correct caliper with bleeder screw on top? Clean and lube the sliders? Replace caliper hardware?

Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Yes, all brand new hardware/mount/slides/bleeder on top. The outer pad has the double hump on the top and the inner is flat. The rotor is shiny on the outer edge and gold on the inner.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Some fords have inner and outter pads. Camel back top pads go by the pistons and the flat top ones go on the out side. Also make that the pads more freely in the guides. Put them in the wrong way and the caliper will hit the inside of the stock rims too.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:34 PM

Quick Reply: Brake issue and wheel hot...no idea!