Truck drifts to the left after alignment...

Old 12-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck drifts to the left after alignment...

I have a 2001 F150 and had a set of Cooper Discoverer MTs installed replacing the Goodyear Wranglers. Tire guy said the alignment look pretty good based on the tread of the Wranglers.

A month or so after installing the new tires I took it back for a alignment just to be safe. Now it drifts to the left slightly and I have to overcompensate the steering wheel.

I took it back and they drove it and adjusted it several times but they said that Ford has been know for a slight drift. I have owned this truck sense 2003 and its never drifted.

Is it typical for a F159 to drift??

Last edited by keljohnso; 12-20-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: email notification
Old 12-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by keljohnso
I have a 2001 F150 and had a set of Cooper Discoverer MTs installed replacing the Goodyear Wranglers. Tire guy said the alignment look pretty good based on the tread of the Wranglers.

A month or so after installing the new tires I took it back for a alignment just to be safe. Now it drifts to the left slightly and I have to overcompensate the steering wheel.

I took it back and they drove it and adjusted it several times but they said that Ford has been know for a slight drift. I have owned this truck sense 2003 and its never drifted.

Is it typical for a F159 to drift??

^^^ Possibly, but F150's aren't known fer it.

Find another alignment shop that's competent.

Tire pressures? Just a thought - are the tires the same size?

Just another thought - part II: perhaps yer front-end components are simply worn to the point that holding an alignment is no longer possible.

good luck
MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 12-20-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan

^^^ Possibly, but F150's aren't known fer it.

Find another alignment shop that's competent.

Tire pressures? Just a thought - are the tires the same size?

Just another thought - part II: perhaps yer front-end components are simply worn to the point that holding an alignment is no longer possible.

good luck
MGD
Yeah tires are all the same and pressure is good. I think I'm going to take it somewhere else and ask for a refund from the first place.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:46 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Get the alignment shop to show you the computer printout. If they don't have a computerized rack, take it somewhere that does.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truck drifts to the left after alignment...