Har

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Har

Hello,
I aired up the tires on my 2012 F150 about a week ago and the Tire Pressure Sensor Fault indicator has been lit on the dash panel ever since, even though the tires are inflated to the proper psi. The indicator flashes for the first minute or so and then stays on continuously. According to the manual, this indicates a malfunction in the TPMS system which needs to be checked out. Does this have to be done by a dealer or is there something I can do to check the system and reset the TPMS trouble indicator on the dash? Would prefer not to tie the truck up for a day or two at the dealer for something like this, but will do if necessary. Many thanks.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Harich
Hello,
I aired up the tires on my 2012 F150 about a week ago and the Tire Pressure Sensor Fault indicator has been lit on the dash panel ever since, even though the tires are inflated to the proper psi. The indicator flashes for the first minute or so and then stays on continuously. According to the manual, this indicates a malfunction in the TPMS system which needs to be checked out. Does this have to be done by a dealer or is there something I can do to check the system and reset the TPMS trouble indicator on the dash? Would prefer not to tie the truck up for a day or two at the dealer for something like this, but will do if necessary. Many thanks.
This is a great job for your dealership, Harich. How many miles do you have on your truck?

Crystal

Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Crystal,
Thanks for your reply. The mileage is 33,230.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:11 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Harich
Hi Crystal,
Thanks for your reply. The mileage is 33,230.
Sure thing, Harich. Have you decided to have your dealership help out with this? Once you've had them look things over I'll be able to jump in and assist, if needed.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Har