New brakes pedal still spongy. help please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New brakes pedal still spongy. help please.

Hello everyone. I replaced the rear drum brakes and front pasngr. Disk brake ( pads, Caliper And rotor) I know youre supposed to do both sises but i just couldnt afford it all at once and i have to be able to commute. Anyway, I replaced all that in my '99*f150, bled the system*about eight times with both the engine running and not running. Both ways the pedal gets hard while pumping it and nothing but fluid streams from the bleeders. But for some reason my pedal will not stay hard. There are no leaks anywhere and I replaced the MC about two months ago (yes I bench bled it). What could be causing this? Any ideas will help. This is driving me insane.

«*Previous Thread*|*Next Thread*»

Posting Rules

You*may not*post new threads

You*may not*post replies

You*may not*post attachments

You*may not*edit your posts

BB code*is*On

Smilies*are*On

[IMG]*code is*On

HTML code is*Off

Trackbacks*are*Off

Pingbacks*are*On

Refbacks*are*Off

Forum Rules

All times are GMT -4. The time now is*11:57 PM.

* * -- F150online - Redesign*-- Mobile One* *

F150online*-*Archive*-*Privacy Statement*-*Terms of Service*-*Top

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company

Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM
did you try putting on new flex lines? That could help a lot.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:23 PM
The hoses for the disk brakes?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:05 PM
the flex hoses that connect to the brakes at the wheel, yes.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Does your front brake pads use the v-springs? i have an '06 that uses the v-springs. I've heard a lot of complaints about soft brake pedals. I have read about adjusting the actuator rod between the booster and the MC and have done the adjustment. My brakes still feel soft. My MC is fine and I have no air in the lines. But, I do have a theory. The v-springs push the pads away from the rotor when you release the brakes. Therefore, it seems to me that it will take a longer stroke of the pedal or even an extra pump just to get the pads to make contact with the rotor again. That certainly would cause a soft pedal feel. I'm wondering if there is a way to eliminate the v-springs. I think that would solve the soft pedal issue. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: New brakes pedal still spongy. help please.