Wheel spacers

Old 03-23-2021, 05:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel spacers

I'm looking into buying a set of wheel spacers. Is there any quality difference between H&R wheel spacers and BONOSS wheel spacers?

Old 03-23-2021, 06:00 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My question is why? They certainly (in most common applications) compromise the suspension components due to the addition physical stressors and are known to cause the lug nuts (or attachment bolts) to fail without warning.

Old 03-26-2021, 01:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
also puts strain on the bearings and with spacers one of my trucks chews through bearings like no tomorrow

as for the OP questions not really just make sure the spacers have the correct nuts with them and they are round holes not slotted ive seen some spacers where they slot them where they attach to the hub and they will eventually work loose and make sure they are torqued correctly when installing as with spacers you double the chance of a stud/nut to snap/back off or come loose

Old 03-26-2021, 08:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by beechkid
My question is why?

Looks. It looks cool to have your wheels sticking out.

Most often, when you lift your truck or Jeep, and/or install some aftermarket braking system, your OEM wheels and tires cannot clear the new parts. The solution is to then replace your wheels and tires so that you have the proper backspace, offset, and diameter. For whatever reason, some people think it's a better idea to use a wheel spacer to push the wheel and tire out.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fifty150
Looks. It looks cool to have your wheels sticking out.

Most often, when you lift your truck or Jeep, and/or install some aftermarket braking system, your OEM wheels and tires cannot clear the new parts. The solution is to then replace your wheels and tires so that you have the proper backspace, offset, and diameter. For whatever reason, some people think it's a better idea to use a wheel spacer to push the wheel and tire out.
or do this to it.. and just skip the spacer just buy high offset rims
and no there is no spacers on this one the rims are that offset the rims came with this poor truck that was heading to the metal graveyard

before anyone asks its a 2010 i bought it to rebuild after the previous owner grenaded the rear end so im yanking out the 19 open diff and putting in a H6 LS that im yanking off my 07 parts truck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel spacers