Where and what to buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where and what to buy

im starting to look for some new tires and mabey rims for my 97. i just dont know what tire to go with. i live in michigan so i need something in snow. i also go in the sand dunes so i will need something with good offroading. so a little help with what you got would help.

and for the rims i just dont know that size to get. i know i want 16's but the offset and backspacing is were i get lost. i would like to have them stick out a little bit more then stock (mabey an inch or 2)

and last of all where is a good place to get tires for a good price
thanks for all the help

Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try craigslist/craigshelper. I have found several sets of wheels and tires in the past. I have not bought "new" tires in many years and keep an eye on the forums. You might find a good deal here, but usually shipping them will take the price over what you can get new in your area.
A 16x10 would stick out enough to see the difference, but not too so much that it looks bad. Typical 4.5 backspace is all you need. The 5x135 pattern for our apps. is getting harder to find. Maybe google what type of wheel you have interest in and click on the "images" on the top left.
I have run Maxxis Mudders in the past and currently run Mud Stars. They are both aggressive tread patterns, but I dont have much knowledge on mudding or sand riding.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 PM
cant go wrong with toyos, im running a 33 12.50 17 bfg km2 and could not be happier i also live in michigan and can go allover and have not been stuck yet. its coming i know, but so far there great.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Assuming you have a 4x4, I'd suggest a 16x10 inch wheel with 4.5 inches of backspacing and some 305/70-16 (33x12.50) all terrian tires like the BFG AT KO, Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo AT, Mickey Thompson ATZ or **** Cepek FC II.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Thank gys for the help. and yes the truck is a 4x4. i have the Nitto Terra Grapplers and are not a fan so i was looking for something else

Quick Reply: Where and what to buy