Nitto G2 SL vs Toyo AT2 LT

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitto G2 SL vs Toyo AT2 LT

I recently picked up a ‘15 Supercrew 5.5’ bed 5.0 FX4 and absolutely love the truck so far.

I’m looking at tires and I’m on the fence with going with a standard load tire or an extra load LT tire in 275/65/20.

I like the look of a taller tire at stock height. I’d like a decent AT tire, something that doesn’t look TOO aggressive and ruins the look of the truck. I honestly love the stock look of the truck and do not want to ruin (too much). Basically I do not want it to look modded at first glance. Something sofisticated, but down to business by the car guys eye.

I like the ride of the truck as is, but I know it could be better. I plan on eventually adding Bilstein 5100’s (set to +.79” or +1.26”) which should help with both clearance and a more planted ride.

The truck is my daily driver and I’m not really hauling anything heavy. Bikes, snowboards and DIY home projects.

I’m looking at the Toyo AT2 and the Nitto Terra Grappler G2, both in a 275/65/20. In that size the Toyo is a 126 E Load tire and the non-‘extreme’ version while the Nitto can be had in a standard load 116 in that size.

I figure the Nitto with a load index of 116 should serve my needs just fine as our stock tire is a 113. But, I think I may like the look of the Toyo’s better, I’m just not sure how much that 126 E Load tire will affect the ride at normal driving psi if at all???

More pics of those tires in those sizes would be appreciated as well

Quick Reply: Nitto G2 SL vs Toyo AT2 LT