Ford F-150 ABS Module

Old 06-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford F-150 ABS Module

In need of Help:

My ABS lamp is on and I was told that the EHCU Module is not operating and requires replacement. I would like to try and replace it myself, due to budgetary constraints. I would appreciate some feedback on where this module is located within the truck, including the cost if possible. Thank you for any replys.

Dan in Michigan

Old 06-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I tripped my ABS light on my old 2000 F150 and was going to replace it but ended up totally the truck 2 weeks later (not because of that I might add). When I was looking into doing it, I was told the following:

1. I think it is located on the back of the rear differential
2. It's not life threatening and imediately urgent to replace, but will have to be done eventually.
3. I think any autoparts store stocks the replacement sensor (for us in Michigan, try Pep Boys, Autozone or Murrays).
4. I thought they were only like $20-$30 but I could be mistaken, and I was told they are relatively easy to do.

Again, I never got around to it because the truck was gone a week later.

I know there's a few threads on this website that walk you through how to do it, try doing a search. Good Luck!!!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:24 PM
bad news - its not as simple as the previous reply suggest. I believe he is mistaking your issue for a sensor.

If the shop said it was the EHCU then this is the main controller for the ABS system. It should be close to the master cylinder - follow the brake tubes to find it. You'll have 2 brake tubes coming out of the MC and going into the EHCU module. Then there will be 4 more tubes coming out of the EHCU that go to the 4 wheels, along with a wiring harness. It may be buried down below stuff. It will always be located fairly close to the MC though.

Bad news
- it will probably be a couple hundred bucks to buy a new one
- unless you can buy one that is pre-bled, you'll need some special equipment to cycle the valves and bleed the brake system.

BTW - when you buy one that is pre-bled, it means that the manufacture has already bled the various chambers that are sealed off when its not being activated. You'll still need to do a complete brake system bleed after installing it.

Best of Luck

Old 07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
For reference - here is what one looks kinda like. This is from a Buick Lucerne / Cadillac DTS. Not sure what the cost was, it was hand delivered to me from GM.

(never mind... picture insert didn't work...)

ok... now I added it to my pics on the site... I think it will work...

Last edited by mkosu04; 07-13-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford F-150 ABS Module