Has anyone seen these new ProComp tires yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone seen these new ProComp tires yet?

I just read about the new Xtreme Mud Terrian from Pro-Comp. These are news to me, so forgive me if they've been hashed out on this forum already. I searched and found nothing.

Anyway, it seemed like the particular model below would be ideal for those who get at least the 2" leveling kit and want to run a big, aggressive tire on OEM wheels. The OEM 7.5" rim width should do fine in spite of the minimum 8" recommendation. They are a bit pricey, though.

http://www.procomptires.com/xtrememudterrain.html

Part#: 680305
LT 305/70R18-E
Diameter: 35.1"
Overall Width: 12.2"
Tread Width: 10"
Rim Width: 8.0-10.0"
Weight: 71 lbs.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I had a set of Pro Crap M/T's and they did work okay in the mud, however when driving on asphalt those babies jumped around and roared loud. The tires were hard to keep balanced and if you plan on using them more on than off road get something other than M/T. The lugs "Scallop" and the outsides wear down really quick. I tried different air pressures and even sent pictures back to 4wheelparts. I did have the road warranty plan and when 4wp told me they would replace them I instead up graded to **** Cepek FC II. These tires are awesome. I have over 40K on them and will probably get at 30K more. These wear even and have very little road noise and they work out excellent in the mud. They have that self-cleaning tread design. When the kleets are packed with mud just spin'em hard one time and the stuff just flies off them. I paid 336.00 per tire plus S&H. The other M/t were like 225.00 each.

Maybe these Pro Crap Extreme M/T will be better than some of the other Crap they produce.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
They look mean from the pic, I'd have to see them in person on a vehicle though. 57 Pounds for a 33"..pretty heavy.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM
BeaverEater,
Does ProComp's entire line have a bad rep? I have never really read or heard too much about them. I guess I don't pay attention closely enough.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
check that a 35 with a 22" for all the off road gangsta's

Old 01-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by JACKDUPmotrsprt
check that a 35 with a 22" for all the off road gangsta's
HaHa yeah thats way to much rim for a 35..Dont look to bad on the F-250s with 8in of suspension lift and 40s..

Old 01-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Pro Comp Xteme MT's are new and have just been released. I have not read any reviews on them yet. I'd say the Pro Comp AT's have a reputation as an average tire while the Pro Comp MT's and XT's have a pretty good reputation. THe new Pro Comp Xtreme AT's are getting great reviews. BeaverEaters review is actually pretty typical of a mud terrian tire. They are loud and will wear unevenly if you don't keep them rotated. Also, the entire Pro Comp, **** Cepek and Mickey Thompson truck tire lineup is made by Cooper tire.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen these new ProComp tires yet?