New Factory 20" Tires Cracking

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Factory 20" Tires Cracking

Everyone,

Ive got a 2006 F-150 Lariat with factory 20" rims, with the standard Pirelli Scorpion tires. The truck has 7,000 miles on it. I was washing my truck this past weekend and noticed all four tires were cracking (looked like weather rot) next to the rims. I took it into the dealership, they said they had never seen this before and replaced my tires completely covered under warranty.

Any idea what caused this? I check my tire pressure regularly, my only thoughts are maybe the truck sat on the lot for a long time?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by okstategrad2002
Everyone,

Ive got a 2006 F-150 Lariat with factory 20" rims, with the standard Pirelli Scorpion tires. The truck has 7,000 miles on it. I was washing my truck this past weekend and noticed all four tires were cracking (looked like weather rot) next to the rims. I took it into the dealership, they said they had never seen this before and replaced my tires completely covered under warranty.

Any idea what caused this? I check my tire pressure regularly, my only thoughts are maybe the truck sat on the lot for a long time?
Strange but could have just been a defective tire,I have heard of similar cases of this before and the dealers did replace them under warrenty.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tires have been seperating from the white lettering, as if the white is showing up where it shouldnt be, while it doesnt appear to be a saftey issue its more a cosmiietic issue, next dealer vist I am going to ask about it.

Quick Reply: New Factory 20" Tires Cracking