Finally a set of tires that I love...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally a set of tires that I love...

I have a 2003 Scab, 5.4, 4x4 Sport with 265/70r17 tires. Shortly after purchasing the truck new, I got rid of the stock cr@p Goodyear Wrangler RT/S (the worst tires I have ever had). I replaced them with Nitto Terra Grapplers in the stock size. Initially I was very pleased with the Nittos. Their dry weather traction and handling were above average. I rotated and re-balanced the Nittos every 3000 miles. After driving around 10,000 miles on the Nittos, I noticed that they began to wear irregularly, a slight amount of cupping and feathering. I am a stickler for checking air pressure and maintained 35psi. After 12,700 miles the tires were nearly worn. I went back to Discount and spoke with the manager. I ended up putting on four BFG All Terrain TA KO's, stock size. I have never been happier. I live in Denver and we have been getting our butts kicked with snow, over four feet in 10 days. I have yet to encounter a situation where the tires would not bite. I was able to drive for several hundred miles on dry road prior to the snowfall and was also very pleased with the handling and road noise. If you are looking for new shoes for your truck and live in an area like Denver, you can't go wrong with the BFG's. Just a word of advice for those of you who care.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Quick Reply: Finally a set of tires that I love...