**** Cepek FC II no good in snow!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** Cepek FC II no good in snow!!

Well, did what I feared would happen with the **** Cepek 285/16's on my truck for the last 20K. I knew they weren't good in light slippery snow, but oh no, I've always made it up the hill at home, until tonight. Well, actually, made it up, stopped in front of the garage on a slight incline, truck started sliding sideways. First stop was the 3 foot wall on the high side of my driveway. That took out the right front marker light, bumper, fender. That of course turned the truck across the top of the driveway, wedged between the wall, and the border of the low side. A bit of gas to get me unwedged, and yippee, here I go again at 45 degree angle down the 100 foot length of my hillside driveway. Oh but wait, of course the high side has a poured concrete wall about 4 foot high, all the way down. It's now nicely decorated with various tread and sidewall marks as I bounced off it about 4 times on the way down, kissing the tire and side of the truck each time. Too ticked to take in the total damage tonight. Just went and shovelled the driveway off, parked the truck.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, that sux!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, big time. I've done that hill hundreds of times over the last 8 years. Been a bit slick with some sliding from time to time. Always managed to overcome it though. These tires are bad in greasy snow. The slightest incline and I have to put it in 4X4 to keep it going. Put some Cooper M&S on the wifes Escape a couple of weeks ago, and she leaves me spinning and going nowhere all the time. GRRRRRR. Well, both sides now have custom body work.

Quick Reply: **** Cepek FC II no good in snow!!