Taking care of your rims

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking care of your rims

Hey guys, hoping that some of you may have some advice on rim care during the harsh winter months with all the slush and salt. I try and wipe my rims down as often as I can, but sometimes there is just not time. Has anyone ever had any problems with too much moisture or salt on their rims? What is the best way to remedy this problem short of not driving the vehicle. Putting stock tires and rims back on is not an option either because I don't have them. Anything would help, thanks.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yng05supercrew
Hey guys, hoping that some of you may have some advice on rim care during the harsh winter months with all the slush and salt. I try and wipe my rims down as often as I can, but sometimes there is just not time. Has anyone ever had any problems with too much moisture or salt on their rims? What is the best way to remedy this problem short of not driving the vehicle. Putting stock tires and rims back on is not an option either because I don't have them. Anything would help, thanks.
I would say keeping them clean and waxed (often) you should be ok. I don't live in an area with snow, etc. so hopefully someone else, that lives in similiar climate, will chime in

Mike

Quick Reply: Taking care of your rims