HELP Removing Calipers

Old 12-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP Removing Calipers

I was attempting to change the front brake pads on my 04 150. I figured removing caliper would be easy only 2 bolts. I removed the 2 13m bolts, and the caliper starts to come off but gets hung about half way. Is there something else I need to remove, or does anyone know what could be hanging up the caliper? Thanks

Old 12-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sometimes if your really hard on the brakes a lip can develope at the edge of the rotor, and it makes fit kinda hard to to pull the caliper off, and if thats the case you should really take the rotor to be turned. Just tug on it careful not to damage the rubber line. Cut up a wire hanger so you can hang the caliper on the spring to prevent hose damage while you change the pads, and don't forget to push the piston back in before you put the calipers back on the rotor or pump the brakes before you move it.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Use a prybar (or strong flathead screwdriver) thru the inspection hole on the front of the caliper to compress the inner pad (& piston) enough to clear the lip on the rotor. Also, make sure the slide pins aren't interfering.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP Removing Calipers