Internet Wheel Broker?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Internet Wheel Broker?

I'm trying to find if anyone knows if this site is legit. I only ask because I'm looking to buy a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers and they have them on there for a dirt cheap price. Following what life experience I have of "There's no such thing as a good deal", I'm hesitant to start throwing out credit card numbers.

http://store.xtremewheelbrokers.com/index.html

Old 01-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Looks legit to me. If you have any questions give them a call.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:12 PM
They have a Phoenix address, maybe someone can drive by and check it out for you. I'll see where they are and keep it in mind if I get over that way this weekend.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks for your input fellas. I'm a first time poster here and I probably should have introduced myself before I just started asking ridiculous questions. Just bought my first Ford at the beginning of the month and I've had $h!Tty grin on my face ever since. Got myself an '05 Lariat SCREW 4x4 and ever since I've been plastered to this site looking at mods I'd like to make. Maybe not the best idea since I haven't made the first payment yet, but I just can't help myself. So I think I've made up my mind on my first mod, (not counting the brilliant removal job I did on the 4x4 decals) 4" Rancho lift, Nitto Terra Grappler's 325/60R18, and a set of 18" ProComp 1079 wheels. Any suggestions on any of these would be very welcome. Thanks again for your help and I hope to have some pictures heck maybe even a gallery up pretty soon.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats a HELL of a price only thing I would be concerned about is shipping.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by HCFR-Halligan
Thats a HELL of a price only thing I would be concerned about is shipping.
I know!!! It's one of those things that's kinda scary because it's such a good deal. I wanted to check here in case anyone had any experience before submitting my info and then getting the total price quote.

Does anyone know if Discount will match internet deals?

Old 01-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I purchased my ProComp wheels and tires online (not from 4wheelparts). They were a LOT cheaper than most anywhere else and shipping was free. The issue I ran into is that two of the four tires are out-of-round sufficient enough that a good balancing isn't even possible. I found out after paying Les Schwab $85 to road-force balance all four of them that two of them were bad. For the time being, those two tires are on the back of the truck, minimizing the vibration at highway speeds. Of course, that takes rotating out of any possibility.

I called ProComp and I could go to a local authorized dealer (4wheelparts) and get them switcheroo-ed but I'd have to go in there all sheepishly and try to explain to them that I bought somewhere else and - oh you know what I'm getting at.

If I had to do it all over again, I would've paid 4wheelparts the extra $300 or so and wouldn't have to be dealing with this.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:57 PM
I feel like a real idiot. There is a base price on the tire itself and then an additional charge per model. So $112 for the base price PLUS $113 for the 325/60R18. So it was too good to be true. Ouch.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:23 PM
If you can find a recent copy of just about any off-roading magazine with an add from I think National Tire and Wheel (Not at home so I don't have the mag in front of me) they have that exact same tire for $104 each. I just don't know how much they charge for the shipping. I've been looking at getting them, but I'm on a bit of a budget right now.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ancientmyth
If you can find a recent copy of just about any off-roading magazine with an add from I think National Tire and Wheel (Not at home so I don't have the mag in front of me) they have that exact same tire for $104 each. I just don't know how much they charge for the shipping. I've been looking at getting them, but I'm on a bit of a budget right now.
I checked their website and it has them for $227 ea. I'll check out some magazines to see if I can find that deal if it's at a different shop.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by mtj721
I checked their website and it has them for $227 ea. I'll check out some magazines to see if I can find that deal if it's at a different shop.
I might have the company wrong, it might have been Desert Rat or one of the other adds in the mag. But I do know that was the price listed for that size Nitto TG. The magazine that I found the add in was Petersons 4Wheel and Offroad.

Here's 2 online links with decent prices, but not quite $104
$124.99
$130.00 with free shipping

Edit: NVM, those 2 have prices, but I missed the size you were wanting and they aren't the above prices. Sorry about that

Quick Reply: Internet Wheel Broker?