hankook inflation question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hankook inflation question

i'm going to be upgrading my hankook dynapro tires real soon, but I'm stuck with them for another month. The max inflation on them is 35 psi but at that pressure they look almost flat. For anyone with any experience with these tires, are there any issues with running 40 psi in these tires? They feel a lot firmer at this pressure but I don't want to blow anything.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thedave
i'm going to be upgrading my hankook dynapro tires real soon, but I'm stuck with them for another month. The max inflation on them is 35 psi but at that pressure they look almost flat. For anyone with any experience with these tires, are there any issues with running 40 psi in these tires? They feel a lot firmer at this pressure but I don't want to blow anything.
My advice to you is throw them away. No really those tires suck, I removed mine for some Revo A/Ts. I had my hangooks at 38psi, thats what the tag says.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I run mine at 35psi, and have the same problem. Plus there not wearing very good. But, if something does go wrong with them its Ford's baby then. Like mentioned already go and get some good tires. I'm just waiting until spring and I'm gettin the Nitto TG's.

jrbhc8

Old 01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
I hate my hankooks too!! Cannot wait to get rid of these things! I was at the ford dealership and asked what they would replace these with if I took advantage of the "extended warranty for 36,000mi" (because they already meet the failing criterior for the warranty) and they said it would be another brand because they don't stock hankooks. Might luck out and get somewhat better tires out of them and even if I don't at least I will get a new set of tires that I can sell on ebay and put that money towards some BFG All Terrain TA's. Just a thought!

Old 01-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Suspended
do not excead 35 psi, you will blow them out, don't haul any thing but air, and you will still blow them out...don't look at your truck, side wall's will blow out, Hancooks really are this bad...throw away as soon as you can...P rated tire..
A good LT rated tire in the LT 265 70 17 range will work, Ford has odd ball tire sizes, 235 245 255 ect...even the wrangler RTS are way way way better, and I hate goodyear..

Old 01-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
do not excead 35 psi, you will blow them out, don't haul any thing but air, and you will still blow them out...don't look at your truck, side wall's will blow out, Hancooks really are this bad...throw away as soon as you can...P rated tire..
A good LT rated tire in the LT 265 70 17 range will work, Ford has odd ball tire sizes, 235 245 255 ect...even the wrangler RTS are way way way better, and I hate goodyear..

Agreed, the han**** tires sidewalls are paper thin, they really scared me. I would get some 265/70/17s which really fit well. The 235 series tires are some of the the narrowest tires ever used on a full size truck, you can tell Ford is really trying to cut back spending.

Quick Reply: hankook inflation question