Which 37' on road do you suggest? SSR? Claw radials? etc...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which 37' on road do you suggest? SSR? Claw radials? etc...

After learning more than i could ever have imagined about tires, i am still up in the air. I have MTR's that have not worn well on highway. (i do 70+ mi. a day on road, and hit the trail semi-hard every other weekend). in the extreme so cal desert, the tires heat up and wear quicker. Mtr's have soft rubber, from what i hear. I am torn between Swamper SSR's, mickey claw radials, or BFG MT. I know the AT's are the best option for milage, but price is comparable with all these at that size. I can also go 35". Please help. I am outta tread!
mike

Old 01-18-2006, 02:11 AM
I should mention i have a lifted F150 lariat.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SSR's are GREAT mud tires, really only second to Boggers, I'd definitely suggest those but with all the highway driving it's up to you. BFG's MT are great in regards to wear, and SSR's are not the worst on road tire, I am looking at the SSR's and Mud Grapplers for my truck, but SSR's are hard to find in the wheel size I want. I am not a fan of the Baja Claws, they're not great in mud and they're a directional tire, not my style. There's my 2 cajones. Grab some pics of your ride sometime.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Thanks. That is what i keep reading...BFG MT good for all purposes. I wonder how they are on wet roads...though rare in the desert. How do i attach pic? I could not figure it out! Also, is running a 35 inch tire more effecient off road than 37? I have very little rub on rough trails on 37's, but there is some.
dig your rig
mike

Old 01-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Toyo MT's are supposedly the best performing on the highway of the mud tires. You may want to look at them.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM
alright , i will look into toyos. where did you hear that? i had not seen that, and i have been reading lots on the web. american tire said it was hard to get those in right now, so he had hoped i did not want them. i will look into it.

anyone else??
mike

Old 01-18-2006, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are pretty hard to get, they're on nation-wide backorder, it's been discussed a few times but if you look in the 04-06 F150 forum you'll see someone got a hold of them. But I agree, they're great looking and great performing on and offroad. I was pulled out by a Harley F250 with 35" Toyo's so I've seen them perform, and they're did pretty well (but he did get stuck pulling me out).

Old 01-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i vote for the baya claw radials, they are the best tire i have used and i have used alot of tires, they do awsome on the street, i have 20,000 miles on mine and still have tons of tread left, they do great in the mud, the only tire i seen that does better is the bogger, they do great in sand, and on dirt, they are not that noisy on the street compared to some others, i could go on and on, i love these tires, i highly recomend them

Old 01-18-2006, 10:53 AM
thanks for the input! i like the claw radial looks, but i ruled them out.....I read tons of reviews...but i forget whey i ruled them out. one thing i remember hearing on a jeep site is that the 35's are more like 33's. Do they run small? My budget is 1200, so the 37's are too much. off road toy store has the best deals i could find on all the above mentioned tires.
Meanwhile, i am outta tread and cannot wait for the toyos no matter how good they are.
mike

Quick Reply: Which 37' on road do you suggest? SSR? Claw radials? etc...