wandall-tire/warranty question pt.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wandall-tire/warranty question pt.2

this question was geared towards wandall...since he seems to be the go-to guy for tire questions, but anyone else who could help, I would greatly appreciate it as well.

"so ideally, what i want to do...is make my truck sit level by dropping the back end and add bigger tires to fill up the wheel well (something big enough to fit in with enough clearance and without adding a lift)...all without voiding aspects of the warranty. my last car was a complete lemon...so when i got this truck i got the best warranty option available, the last thing i want to do is start voiding things."

so everything i want to do i should be able to do without voiding the warranty?

and if so...would i have to go specifically to a ford dealership to do it/do only certain ford dealerships offer doing modifications under warranty even?

...or can i go elsewhere as long as theyre ASE certified or something to that effect?

thanks again.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your plans should have no affect on your warranty. However, it's up to your dealership as to whether or not they want to give you a hard time. I'd suggest talking to your dealerships manager and service department about your plans. If they tell you it will void your warranty, I'd start looking for a "mod friendly" dealer. I'd be sure to tell them that I would be doing business elsewhere because of their policies on modifications.

Quick Reply: wandall-tire/warranty question pt.2