Newbie with Nittos

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie with Nittos

Since I've browsed this forum more than the others on this board, I figured an intro would be due here, as a thanks for the resource.

In September, I purchased a 98 F150 extended cab 4x4, 5.4. Off road package, tow package. The previous owner had a heartattack while driving and went off road with it. The only straight panel on the truck was the hood, no serious damage, strictly body panel damage. I wish I had thought to take before pictures. Since I bought the truck so cheap, the idea was to get it basically straight, so that I'd have a decent truck to tow my Cobra with to track events.

The wife had other plans. She's love the 97 up body style 150 since they came out, and she wanted it painted black, and lifted. Sourcing up tons of parts on Ebay, minimal investment was required to get started. A friend of mine does paint and body and swore to me he'd get it straight enough to paint black. Boy did he ever.

What's been done so far: 3" body lift (no suspension, I'm towing with it), 325/70/16 (34x13) Nitto Terra Grapplers on 16x10 Eagle 102's with the smooth caps. Lightning headlights and clear corners with fogs. Paint is Dupont Chromacolor Black, with ChromaClear (on edit: The original color was red, the only body panels replaced was the entire truck bed *salvage yard* and driver's front fender. The rest were repaired). The interior is out of the truck for sound deadening application here soon, with a single JL Audio 8, a/d/s 6 channel amp and Polk 5x7's in the factory locations, Audiocontrol EQ, and JVC head unit. Factory Ford flares (Ebay) that I've never seen before, and which I think really compliment the truck lifted. Bedlined Westin Nerf Bars. Chrome "cowboy" rear bumper. I picked up a 2001 Lightning motor with a spun rod bearing very very cheap, it's at the machine shop being "worked" and reassembled (Eagle rods, Mahle pistons), ported heads, stage 2 VT cams with Comp beehive springs. I think I'll have no trouble pulling a trailer, or surprising some folks at the "ole red light".

Again, Thanks for the resource! As progress on the motor comes along I'll update the thread if there's interest. I'm very pleased with how the truck has turned out.

Steve

Pics:

Last edited by sragan; 12-31-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice truck!! Welcome to the site!

Old 12-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks nice, welcome aboard...

Quick Reply: Newbie with Nittos