quick tire question

Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick tire question

Alright i just got bfg all terrain ko's like 2 months ago and recently ive been noticing that there is some kind of oil or greese coming from the tire. When u touch the tire ur hand turns black basically. It seems like the rubber is really soft. And when u rub on the tire it seems like ur rubbing the tire off. something just doesnt seem right.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Is this normal?

Old 12-08-2005, 09:25 PM
where did you buy them from... when the tires are shipped on the semi, they coat them in a lube or grease so that they dont scuff or rot. if the place didnt wash the tires off before giving you the truck back then that is what you are rubbing off.. if this isnt the case bring them back and have them look at them... every manufacture has tires that are defects and will be replaced free of charge.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Ok well i think what ur talking about is the blue stuff that came on the tire, they told me they tried to get most of it off but couldnt. So i washed the rest off. If that is what ur talking about then that isnt the problem i dont think. Its really weird, like i almost feel that i could push rite through the tire if i tried. The rubber seems very very soft. Softer than it should thats for sure.

I got these tires from ford. I know a guy that works there so it was just easy to go through him.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:10 PM
I got the same tires about 4 months ago (265 75 16's) & mine feel just fine, not that soft whatsoever. Just FYI - I would get them looked at where you purchased them, you never know - you could have got a bad batch or soemthing.

Good luck & let us know what you find out...

Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: quick tire question