Since everyone's always asking...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since everyone's always asking...

Let's get a small data base on tires going on here. Try to stick to the format, it'll make it much easier to read everyone's inputs...

Model: 1998 Lariet 4x4 Scab

Engine: 4.6

Gears: 3.55 LS

Wheels: Stock 17's

Tires: Toyo Open Country's

Tire Size: 265/75/17

Typical Use: About 75% on road/25% in mud and sand

Noise: Minimal

Traction: A little loose on wet pavement...Great in the sand, so-so in
gumbo mud

Overall Rating (1..10): 6.5 Not too pricey, great tire wear, not as aggresive looking as I'd like.

Last edited by 98Lariet4x4; 12-07-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Is this a bad idea, or is everyone boycotting me?

Old 12-09-2005, 08:58 PM
I really think it is a good idea, and I don't think anyone is TRYING to boycott you. I do know that not everyone agrees on THE BEST tire and performance numbers vary from person to person. region and driving habits. Because of this I think many just go with what they know and like and have posted some opinions on the other threads about tires. Thanks

Old 12-10-2005, 12:13 PM
I just thought that it would be easy to use this thread as a database instead of starting new threads everytime someone needs an opinion. The boycotting thing was a joke, I have had much help from people on this site and I am grateful for it. This just a place where everyone can post their opinion on their tires, and everyone else can view it and form their own opinion. Thanks for the reply, by the way.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by 98Lariet4x4
I just thought that it would be easy to use this thread as a database instead of starting new threads everytime someone needs an opinion. The boycotting thing was a joke, I have had much help from people on this site and I am grateful for it. This just a place where everyone can post their opinion on their tires, and everyone else can view it and form their own opinion. Thanks for the reply, by the way.
actually the dbase idea is a good thing. you can then sort by brand and rating by the owner. this is assuming that people post only true opinions of the tires that they have actually experienced. kind of like filling out a hotel survey, how was your stay etc...anyways, not a bad idea.

Quick Reply: Since everyone's always asking...