Warped rotors - TSB 05-21-19

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warped rotors - TSB 05-21-19

Just had my third set of rotors installed under warranty. This time, TSB 05-21-19 also called for replacing the calipers. The pulsation when stopping is cured, but I still have a soft peddle from the new pads. The prior rotors lasted only 5,000 miles, so we'll see if replacing the caliper is the final fix.

The new rotors are 3 cm thick, and by looks, seem to be thicker than the old rotors. But I didn't measure the old ones. If the rotors are thicker, it might explain the need for new calipers.

Anyone willing to measure the thickness of the old rotors?

Larry

Old 11-19-2005, 04:26 PM
The Rotor Wars Continue

2nd set of rotors on my 04 supercrew 4x4. I made sure I had the tsb at hand and ensured that they did the rotors and calipers. It works great and hopefully will stay that way. They also had to turn my rears, I asked them "are the rears made the same way", and why don't they cover the rear. In fine dealer fashion, they had a song and dance excuse ready for me. Anyway, the rotor wars are getting tiresome, I just don't have the time to keep going to the dealer, I hope this fixes it. this website has been an awesome tool, it was good to know that I wasn't the only one fitting this problem. GOOD LUCK!

Bryan

Old 11-23-2005, 02:27 AM
what was the mileage on your trucks when you took it in? im about to take mine in and im at 26k. whered you guys get the tsb form to show the dealer?

Old 11-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Talking

I need some new rotors because mine are warped too.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Tsb 5-21-19

I read some of the posts on brake shuddering and warpage so I decided to take my 04 F-150 in for a inspection. I've noticed the shaking and shuddering when stopping especially at higher speeds. I took my truch in today with a copy of the service bulliten. The dealer told me they were going to order some calipers and other parts for the front brakes. I'm really glad I checked this message board before going in to the dealer. I'll let you know what they repaired next Monday.

John

Old 12-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Sorry CharlesA, I've been offline for a while.
I first noticed the warped rotors at 7K and dealer replaced them at 11K. The new rotors started pulsating around 14K and were replaced along with the calipers at 17K.
Larry

Quick Reply: Warped rotors - TSB 05-21-19