Ok I did it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I did it!

After weeks of searching and comparing prices and reading the board etc etc I took the plunge and committed to a tire. I picked the Cooper Discoverer ATRs

I think this tire will suite me just fine for a lil bit of puddle jumping and some light frolicking in the mud on occasion as well as get me to work this winter in the snow and ice.

I want to thank you guys for helping me along the way. I got a lot of suggestions. I looked into the BFGs and I drooled over alot of the Mud Tires that were recommended (But I can bring myself to slap an open shoulder lug on the truck I drive 100% of the time).

I gotta tell you alot of people recommended the Michelin LTX® M/S (And its performance ratings impress me!), but if you put that tire next to this one, the Discoverer looks like it would eat the LTX (IMO). I like the aggressive look of this tire.

My husband has dealt with me running up to peoples parked trucks and checkin out there tires when we go out to eat for a few weeks now I think it was starting to embarrass him a bit =) hehe.

"Ohhh honey look at this one!"
"Yes dear, thats a nice looking tire, can we go eat?"
"OH WAIT! Whats on this truck!!!!!!!"

The cooper tire owners I talked too seem to be exceptionally happy and loyal to the brand and very pleased with the life and performance of their tires. And well, when all is said and done my dad said "Get a cooper!".., what daddy says has ALOT of weight on the my decision (when it comes to anything to do with a vehicle).

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU guys for everything. I saw a lot of cool tires, and I saw a lot of ones I would LOVE to have but for the money and the reputation, I'm stoked!

I get em on Thursday!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Squirrelly Girl
After weeks of searching and comparing prices and reading the board etc etc I took the plunge and committed to a tire. I picked the Cooper Discoverer ATRs

I think this tire will suite me just fine for a lil bit of puddle jumping and some light frolicking in the mud on occasion as well as get me to work this winter in the snow and ice.

I want to thank you guys for helping me along the way. I got a lot of suggestions. I looked into the BFGs and I drooled over alot of the Mud Tires that were recommended (But I can bring myself to slap an open shoulder lug on the truck I drive 100% of the time).

I gotta tell you alot of people recommended the Michelin LTX® M/S (And its performance ratings impress me!), but if you put that tire next to this one, the Discoverer looks like it would eat the LTX (IMO). I like the aggressive look of this tire.

My husband has dealt with me running up to peoples parked trucks and checkin out there tires when we go out to eat for a few weeks now I think it was starting to embarrass him a bit =) hehe.

"Ohhh honey look at this one!"
"Yes dear, thats a nice looking tire, can we go eat?"
"OH WAIT! Whats on this truck!!!!!!!"

The cooper tire owners I talked too seem to be exceptionally happy and loyal to the brand and very pleased with the life and performance of their tires. And well, when all is said and done my dad said "Get a cooper!".., what daddy says has ALOT of weight on the my decision (when it comes to anything to do with a vehicle).

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU guys for everything. I saw a lot of cool tires, and I saw a lot of ones I would LOVE to have but for the money and the reputation, I'm stoked!

I get em on Thursday!!!!!!!
Good looking Tire. I have the Cooper Cobras on my truck the do handle well. My Truck is 2wd and only see dirt roads mainly. But I like them Coopers

Scotty

Old 10-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Talking

These are the tires you need.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:36 PM
I need more info, size, price, where you got 'em at, how they ride whatever else you can tell us. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:10 PM
What's the going rate for the Cooper ATR? 99.00

Old 10-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Cool

i have cooper h/t's on my truck, cooper tires in general are great tires with long lasting life, good luck enjoy

Old 10-26-2005, 12:01 AM
The Cooper ATRs for 265 70 17 in my area are a lil over 100 per tire. You have to understand a woman ask for a tire and shes second guessed.

I called one company and asked for a Cooper Discoverer ATR 265 70 17 and the first thing out of the mans mouth was "What type of tire do you want?" Then he tried to tell me he could sell me four for 700!! I'm all "OH WOW! Thank you! Never mind!!!!!!!!"

I thought about going the 285 70 17 rout but with the fact we are closing on our house THIS WEEK I really coundt justify spending the extra cash so I went with factory specs for the truck. =)

I have a hang up about telling anyone exactly what I paid for anything, because everyone knows some place to get it cheaper. =)

If your wondering because you want to buy some, If you call "Cooper Tires" themselves they will tell you they would sell that tire for 114.00 =) So I guess 114 would be a MSRP.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:23 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Very nice choice girl now lets go muddin together

Old 10-26-2005, 06:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ECG : Blindman
These are the tires you need.

It's amazing how long my ATV tires lasted on my truck.

A buddy of mine's '95 Wrangler 4.0 6cyl. has those tires, son of a b!tch pulled my door off when pulling me out of the mud, while he himself was in the mud. He, however, has the Discoverer STT's (Mud Terrains). Not a bad tire for how cheap they are.

Last edited by Josiah; 10-26-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 PM
You'll like them my wife has those on her work truck.