Kleen Wheels question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kleen Wheels question

My brother has an '05 F150 with 18" Helo Maxx 6 wheels on it. He wants to put the Kleen Wheels covers on there, but Kleen Wheels told him that they do not have them for aftermarket wheels. Does anyone know if it would mess anything up if you were to put the covers that would go on the factory wheels on these aftermarket wheels. Also I have heard that these can sometimes melt when getting too hot, is this common and do the slits in these covers allow enough air through? Thanks for your help.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:04 PM
I highly doubt they could melt. they are made of metal granted it is thin metal. as far as the slits I don't know how much they let in. I did have my break rotores warp and replaced under warranty and the dealer did warn me to remove them as they were restricting air flow. I am not wire if it is true though as alot of guys were haveing brake rotor warping issues on these trucks. as for as them fitting the after market wheels I highly doubt it as these are formfitted to fit snugely inside the wheel and shaped to the curve of the wheel the after market wheel wont have the same shape.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:27 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, how much was spent on fancy wheels and he wants them to look like $25 steelies w/ hubcaps? Tell your brother to buy better brake pads (and probably rotors too).

Old 10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
It's really difficult to say if they would work on aftermarket wheels, becuase not all the wheels are the same. Some are more concave, some are more convex, right? So would the Kleen Wheels fit, it's just impossible to know without taking a look at them.

I would agree to buy better pads & maybe even rotors if you have aftermarket wheels. That will cut a huge amount of the dust, as the Ford pads seem to be made from 100% pure dust.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree with those above^^^^.

I have the kleen wheels on our 04 FX4 and their concave design fits snuggly against the FX4 wheel. Only had them on for a couple thousand miles, no problems and absolutely no brake dust.

I can see where they may not fit aftermarket wheels.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:14 PM
The first versions of those "kleen wheels" dust eliminators was horrible. It contrained the systems ability to vent and cause massive rotor warping. The second generation, although improved, will still cause issues with rotor warpage. The parts dept will sell them, and the service dept will tell you to take them off.

Quick Reply: Kleen Wheels question