BFG T/A or Pro-comp AT

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 02:52 PM
BGA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFG T/A or Pro-comp AT

I have BFG T/A LT 285/75/16 on my truck now. These tires have 80k miles on them and I still have a good 1/4 inch of tread left. I due need to replace them because of dry rot. I thinking about getting some procomps. They are less expensive and in 2 weeks they are going to start there buy 3 and get 1 free. My wife is limiting me on how much I can spend. She was'nt to happy that I just ordered a custom superchip on 9/19. Does anybody know how the procomps hold-up? I really like the BFG T/A but if the procomps are about the same then I can probably get my wife to let me have the ATM card back.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I assume that you are referring to the BFG AT KO's. The Pro Comps are a decent tire, but I don't think they are as good as the BFG AT KO's, Nitto Terra Grapplers or Toyo Open Country AT's.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:18 PM
BGA
Thanks WANDELL this gives me something to research more closely. Hopefully my wife will agree

Old 09-22-2005, 08:12 AM
The ProComps may be cheaper but you probably wont get anything close to 80k with them. 80k is really high even for the BFGs, most people seem to get about 60k before they replace them.

But, the ProComps arent a BAD tire. But there are probably some better options (like wandell listed). I would add the Bridgestone Dueler AT REVO's to the list (although they are usually a little on the slightly more expensive side).

Old 09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I had the ProComp AT's put on about 4 weeks ago. I originally wanted the BFG AT's but there were on back order and I didn't want to wait. The ProComp's have been good so far and I am satisfied with them. If cost is an issue for you, then the ProComps are the way to go if you can get the 1 free tire.

Quick Reply: BFG T/A or Pro-comp AT