Has anyone tried Munroe Rotors and pads

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone tried Munroe Rotors and pads

I'll be changing out my front rotors tomorow, and I will be chosing between these 3 typs of rotors

in CAN Dollars (Each):

El-cheapo Imports OEM Replacement: $38
Raybestos Made in USA OEM Replacement: $80
Munroe OEM Replacement: $62

This is for a completely stock 01 Supercrew 4X4 with 17" wheels.

The rest of the parts I replaced in the past was with MOOG chassie parts and Raybestos Brake parts. Munroe has come out with this new brake Parts Line here but have yet to here of any reviews.

My pads are new from last year (Raybestos), and are not even half worn yet so, I'll be reusing those. I plan to clean and lube the calipers real good.

TIA

Dpostman

Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the Front Rotors and Pads this weekend. I was only to do the Rotors but once I had the calipers off, I noticed the wear was uneven on the Passenger side inside pad and one of the pads on the drivers side was getting thin, so I decided to do the pads as well.

I did decide to go with Raybestos Rotors and pads. Nothing fancy, just not cheap import stuff. The hardest part was getting the rotor off. I had to beat the drivers side rotor for quite a while. It finaly came off. I replaced all the clips, lubed them up, lubed up the back side of the pads and the caliper pistons.

I also lubed up the back inside of the rotors where they connect up to the hub with some anti-seize lube, hoping that if I have to take them off again, I won't have to beat them so much. The rotors that were on the truck (01) were original with almost 60k milles on them.

Dpostman

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried Munroe Rotors and pads