F150 SCAB 2004 Squeaky Brakes

Old 06-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 SCAB 2004 Squeaky Brakes

This may have been asked before, but I am having a real problem with my front brakes squeaking. I have taken it in several times to the dealer and they keep telling me that it is a known problem in the '04 F150. They said it was caused by brake dust. I finally went to the manager and told him that they needed to do something. They then told me it was a rotor problem and replaced them for me. Two days later and they are squeaking just as bad. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any suggestions where I should go from here? I still have two years left on maintenace.

Thanks for the help!

Eric

Old 06-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Yes, I have definately run into that problem. I just had my rotors replaced and they sqeaked horribly. I took it back and they replaced the brakes. They said they soaked the brakes in an anti squeel solution. Whatever they did, it has been two weeks and NO SQUEEK OR SQUEEL!! I drove me nuts also. I hope you can get them to fix it. BTW, my brakes were half worn before replacement.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:51 AM
OSU,
I had the same problem with my 04, squeeking, squealing brakes, etc. I searched the forum for ideas, and decided to put on some ceramic pads. I ordered them through NAPA, had them turn the rotors at the same time, and installed them in about 1.5 hours, in the driveway. The only problem I ran into was the spring clips provided by Napa were the wrong size, and got chewed up within a couple of days. I ran up to the parts department of my friendly neighborhood Ford dealership, and they provided me clips for free!! I put those in, bedded the pads with Brake Quiet from Advance Auto, and have been squeal-free since. Quieter than the day I bought the truck...!

Hope this helps...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F150 SCAB 2004 Squeaky Brakes