Wandell HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wandell HELP!!

I have a 99 F-150 XLT 2WD supercab with a 4.6 and a 5-spd. I've made a few upgrades, small ones, but I have went off and spent the money now, so I will ask a question I should have asked sooner. I bought some MB Motoring Phantom rims off of eBay, 18x8.5, with what was supposed to be a 25mm offset, but when they got here, the first thing I saw was that they are actually 35mm. I have two sets of factory 16x7, 14mm (I think) offset (which I would love to sell if anyone is interested, two slightly damaged) I've ordered some tires to go with them, they are Toyo Proxes S/T in 255/60R18, which in theory is so close to the factory 255/70R16's that I won't know the difference. I don't have a lift, and don't want one... OK, how bad have I screwed myself this time? Are the rims good? Will they fit? How 'bout the tires, anyone have any experience with them?? H A L P ! ! ! lol I might have to try a spacer or something, I don't know. I hope they fit, I really like them, and they have been discontinued. They are used already, before I bought them, so I don't know what would happen there. According to the offset calculator on 1010tires.com, it will retract the outer edge in by 2mm, and the inner clearance from the wheel to the strut tower (obviously set up as a calculator for cars) will decrease by 40mm. I guess we'll see! (crossing fingers)

Old 06-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never seen anyone running that combo, but it sounds like it should fit. Just to be sure, I would test fit one of the wheels first, then mount a tire on it and test fit the tire and wheel combo.

Old 06-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, thank you very much. I'm just obsessing a bit, that's all. I should find out Tuesday if it is going to work out or not. Thanks again!

Old 06-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Wandell HELP!!