Highway tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highway tires?

I've got an `04 2xSCrew with the Continental P255/65 R17's that came with it. What else is out there that would work for good highway driving. I'm at 22k miles and have about half the tread left on these, I've always liked Michelin's, but they don't even make this size. Any suggestions or just stick with the ones I've got? Basis for change is mileage, would a more highway focused tire do me any good or is this tire what I need anyway?

Old 05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I junked the garbage Goodyear Eagle GT II's that were on my truck when I bought it and went with Michelin Cross Terrains. My stock size is 275/60-17 and these were one of about 8 available in my size. I wanted a quiet tire with excellent road manners since I tend to drive rather aggressively, especially in the rain. These tires stick like bubble gum and are quiet and smooth. Worst part was the price, over $800 for 4 tires mounted and balanced. But they are worth every penny. I wouldn't have been satisfied with anything less.

Start your search at www.tirerack.com and shop your size(s). Then narrow down your options based on the ratings and feedback. Then start calling around to your local shops and check availability and prices of the 2-3 models you are willing to buy.

Old 05-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Rack shows the Yokohama's, Geolandar H/T-S G051, as being the best in just about every category for this size. Best grip, best ride, best tread life... I'm sold!

Old 05-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Geolanders were my second choice, I'm sure they will be a good tire for you.

Quick Reply: Highway tires?