brake warning light

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake warning light

im not having any brake problems and my fluid isnt low so why would the brake warning light come on ad off at times?

Old 05-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Go for the low hanging fruit first. Pull your e-brake release. If that does nothing, cycle the e-brake a few times. Otherwise, take er to AutoZone and see if you're throwing a code.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's no code that will cause the brake light to come on. There are exactly two things that can cause it: Low fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir, or the emergency brake pedal being depressed enough that it comes off the switch. (OK, there's a third, but I'm not counting gremlins in the dash mysteriously re-wiring the lights!)

-Joe

Old 05-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by GIJoeCam
There's no code that will cause the brake light to come on. There are exactly two things that can cause it: Low fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir, or the emergency brake pedal being depressed enough that it comes off the switch. (OK, there's a third, but I'm not counting gremlins in the dash mysteriously re-wiring the lights!)

-Joe
I'll second this reply. If the light comes on and off while you're driving, then your fluid is most likely low enough to trip the sensor as the fluid sloshes around in the master. Make sure the fluid is completely topped off and then see what happens.

Quick Reply: brake warning light