Parking brake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking brake?

After I put my truck into drive it takes a lot of gas to get it moving and then it will lurch (it started doing this about a week ago), but after it's been driving it drives smooth. Well today it took a little more gas than the usual amount of gas and I drove it about 15 ft and decided I better quit doing what I was doing, so I put it back in park and shut it off. Well I go back to look and theres about a 15 foot skid off the right rear tire, but no skid off the left rear tire. Is it possible that the parking brake is locking up? I've never used the parking brake, can't say for the previous owner though. I just had new brakes put on all four wheels about two weeks ago (it was the dealership) so I would think they'd pick up on something if it was wrong back then. I did run the battery down last week (left the lights on ) and it first did it after that. Any thoughts on what it might be? Are there any other ways to disengage the parking brake besides the lever in the cab?
Thanks. By the way it's a 1992 F-150 Custom Inline 6.

Old 05-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you just had the brakes done....take it back.

I can't tell you how many brake jobs I have seen done that weren't corrrect. Also, if there is a problem, I would insist they fix it as they had just done the brakes and you have a reasonable expectation that they were done correctly and completely.

If they refuse, tell them you will take it somewhere else and then your lawyer will send them the bill for the repairs plus the brake repair costs that you spent with them.

Quick Reply: Parking brake?