Hawk or EBC

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk or EBC

Which is better Hawk or EBC, I tow a trailer twice a month, I want best stopping power and least amount of break dust!

Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I only have experience with Hawk HPS, and they are fantastic brakes. But low dust is not their strong suit.

I've also read very good things about EBC, and I know they make a quality product. Not sure about the amount of dust, though. Had them on a street bike a while back, for whatever that's worth.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:22 AM
I've had EBC 6000's with Brembo OEM rotors on my truck for 6 months. I'm extremely pleased with them. They stop great and don't make any sort of noticeable dust. I bought them from tirerack.com for $65.

-Craig

Old 05-27-2005, 09:10 PM
REcently put the EBC rotors (slotted and dimpled) and the EBC 7000 pads (new for SUV's and trucks) on my truck. No dust except initially due to black coating on the rotors. Once thats gone no visible dust. Absolutely no noise. My impression of the setup is you don't notice a lot of difference at slower speeds but coming down from highway speed makes a big diffence. Don't feel any fade. Feels more like power brakes should. Cost for rotors and pads front only wasn't cheap. $297 delivered to my door. I would do it again.
http://www.perfectbrakes.com

Quick Reply: Hawk or EBC