Another tire going bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Another tire going bad!!!!

Remember not too long ago I posted that I had my right front tire blew out from the bead on my new (to me) 02 Screw? And I played hell with the dealer trying to get it replaced which they finally did?
Well, guess what? Now my left front tire seems to be bulging out in one spot where the bead and the rim meet.
Well, to gain some ammo before I went to the dealer (AGAIN) to try and get them to replace the tire, I took my truck to an authorized Falken distributor, Big O tires, and showed it to the manager/owner. Well, he looked at it and said that it definitely is not impact damage, and that it is not any fault of mine whatsoever. He said that the bead was damaged or torn when the tire was being installed. He also said that it has happened to him and it does happen occasionally when the person doing the installing isn't paying attention, doesn't care, or doesn't know how to mount the tire properly. He said he has had to throw out brand new tires because they got damaged upon installation.
He then told me that he knows the tire guy at the dealer I bought my truck from and he said he's an idiot and doesn't know what he's doing, and that's why he doesn't work at Big O tires anymore.
Now, with this *valuable* information I acquired, I am going up to the dealer even though it's Sunday and the service dept is closed, and I am going to present my case and insist they replace the tire at their cost. It is an unsafe condition and they are responsible due to the fact that the tires were installed on the truck prior to me purchasing it.
I will let you all know what happens. I am really upset.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the dealer replaced the tire, this time with no argument. I spoke with the customer satisfaction representative, and she said that it will be taken care of. When I went to pick the tire up, they took my truck and mounted the tire on it and put the spare back where it's supposed to be.
Just goes to show ya that whoever is mounting your tires best know what he is doing because tires and rims can be damaged by carelessness during the mounting process, and also make sure that the machines that they use don't damage the rim.
Years ago I had an 85 T-Bird that I had Hayashi wheels and Nitto tires on, and when it came time to replace the tires, some dumbazz at Just Tires put my rims on the machine upside down so the side facing the raod was down, and the machine had 4 knurled pads spread out and grab the rim. So I had knurl marks on the dished portion of the rim.
Not good.
Anyway, it pays to stand and watch while work is being done on your vehicle.

Old 05-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
customer satisfaction

Too many places have forgoten what it means to make the customer happy. and that is what brings your business back! I find people are out or the one time sale now and forget the rest. I deal based on SERVICE! if they screw up they better be ready to make it right no arguments!

Works for me. Sounds like you now have your place on the right track as well!

David

Quick Reply: Another tire going bad!!!!