Wheel Shake

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheel Shake

Hi all,

I just put on 20' Eagle alloy wheels with 285/55R20 BF Goodrich All-Terrain A/T KO's on my 2004. Wheels look great and I love them in that respect but I have wheel shake when I get to about 110Km/h which is around 70MPH. The truck itself does not shake, just the wheel. (The previous wheels, which were the stocks, the truck drove super smooth...)

I figured the installer did a bum job balancing them so I took them back and he rebalanced them. He said one of the rears was off about an ounce which is not really that much for a wheel of that size.

Anyway, get back out on the highway and the shake is still there. Has anyone had this before or know of what it is if it is not the balancing? I would like to have an idea before I go back to the shop. I don't want to be going back 100 times and waiting while they do something that is actually doing nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions as to what the issue may be.

Old 05-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have them road force balanced by someone with a Hunter 9700 balancer. If it is not the balancing, a wheel or tire must have a defect.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, it was a defect in one of the tires. On the balancer you could not see it but you could feel it... I guess just big enough to cause the shake. Drives great now that a new tire is on

Quick Reply: Wheel Shake