Clip on brake line?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Clip on brake line?

No one seems to know what I'm taking about....

I have a 95 f-150, I'm replacing the front brake lines. There is a clip of some sort that connects the rubber tubing (to the caliper) to the metal line in the wheel well. How do you get this clip off??

I've tried summit, j.c, jeggs, napa, national auto parts and no one sees a remove tool for this.

Can anyone shed some light on this????

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ummm.... a pic or three would help.... I think I vaguely remember the clip you're talking about, but I want to be sure before opening my big mouth....

-Joe

Old 05-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Is it similar to the fuel filter connections on the newer F150? If so, you can go to Auto Zone and they sell a kit that has an assortment of plastic collars for disconnecting fuel and AC lines. Find the right size and slide it over the smaller line, than push it under the connection with the larger line, and it releases the clips inside the larger line. The assortment is like $10.

There are pics of the tool adn fuel line connections in the thead linked below. If your connectors look similar, I think the tool would work.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...auto+zone+tool

Last edited by dirt bike dave; 05-05-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:24 AM
if its the clip im thinking about you would just pry it out with a screwdriver or needle nose pliers. some pictures would help though.

Quick Reply: Clip on brake line?