Irregularities in sidewall

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irregularities in sidewall

I've Got some BFG Land terrains(manufactured specifically for walmart) and the other day when cleaning them, I noticed two small irregularities on the sidewall. They are about the size of a quarter close to the tread. I checked the tire(we only have two of these tires, both on the front) on the other side of the vehicle and it has the exact same thing in the exact same spot. I would not call this a weak spot or bubble though, it isnt the same as that. Would you happen to know what it might be though? Could it be where the belts connect or something?

Old 04-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's hard to say. Could you take a pic of it. It could just be a cosmetic blemish.

Old 04-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Actually when I said it wasn't a bubble I meant it wasnt any softer than the rest of the sidewall, it does look like a very minor one however,(but they aren't much higher than the sidewall at all, which is why I never noticed it.) just doesnt feel soft or anything. Don't have a digicam right now so pics are a no go.

I was just curious really, I don't think there is anything wrong with them, looks like it is manufactured like that. We'll be getting two more on the rear to match and i'll see if those have em.

Last edited by Schism9; 04-30-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:03 AM
The General tires that came on my truck had ripples or bumps in the sidewall. I got 40k miles out of them with no problems. Keep an eye on them though and see if they get worse. Mine looked the same all the time, so it didn't bother me.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most likely where the ends of the belts overlap. High speed production with not-so-perfect quality control. They aren't bad, just not perfect.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:26 AM
All tires have some irregularity in the sidewalls. It is normally only a problem if the trouble spot pushes out away from the tire. If the bubble/dent goes in, or toward the inside of the tire it is most likely normal. The rubber was bonded together at this location and does not have the elasticity as the rest of the sidewall.

Quick Reply: Irregularities in sidewall