tire inspection

Old 04-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tire inspection

Does anyone know how hard they (inspection shops) are on the amount of tread on your tires when your getting an inspection done? I just got my truck back up and running and the tread is borderline on two tires. They still have enough tread to last awhile, but it looks like there gettin a little low. Did the penny thing and ol' abes head is barely covered. Please help! Going tomarrow to get it inspected!!
Thanks.
Ya boy, Tek

Old 04-22-2005, 09:57 PM
As long as it is not below the tread ware marks, I dont see why it wouldnt pass.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
tire inspection

what are the tread ware marks? would that be where the tires are getting bald? theres still a decent amount of tread left, no bald spots whatsoever and the outer tread looks good. Only getting low on the inner tread on a few tires. i just dont want to get it done and not have it pass because of the tires being too low on tread. To me they look fine, but it is obvious that they will be getting lower sometime soon.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Like most professions, inspectors skill and diligence varies. If your tires meet or are close to the regulations, you'll just have to ultimately give it a try. I suggest not mentioning the tires whatsoever when you go. Here are the Texas tire inspection criteria:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/insp...ejectsubmit=Go

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tire inspection