abs light on

Old 04-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abs light on

hi ,i cant get my abs light to turn offf, i replaced the rear diff sensor and i reset the computer,I read somewhere you need to turn the lights on when disconnecting the battery,is this true? ive only got rear abs and its not working. The light comes on just sitting in the driveway running,when you first start it,it comes on for a second then off for a second then back on till you shut the truck off. thanks

Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
1st try the reset thing by taking off the negetive post from the battery and pull on the headlight switch. After about 20 mins turn switch off and reconnect negetive and restart truck if this fails then look under the air tube intake for the abs unit and check connections and wires for corroison then plug it back in. If this does not work you need the codes read by a collision shop they have the right reader to do so. Good luck and let us know the results. also check wire to speed sensor and make sure it is not cut or corroded. use a meter and check the wire its around 100 i believe if its working properly.

Last edited by buckdropper; 04-04-2005 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Angry ABS Light on

Hey guys. I have never reallyhad a problem with my truck in five years. I just change the oil, tires, and brakes. However for the first time my truck Kane is giving me a little problem. The ABS light and the brake light are on. Here's the catch. The lights on come on sometimes in paticular when it's cold. Sometimes it just goes off. How do I fix this problem? Suggestions comments? Thanks fellas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: abs light on