cant find lugnuts

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy cant find lugnuts

Thought Id come over from fordtruckworld to see what you guys suggest
Iput a set of roush rims on my expedition and the lugsnut from the oe rims are open end so it looks like crap on the new ones trying to find closed end chrome 12x 1.75 flat bottomed lug nuts
someone mentioned 99 lightning lugs but 7.50 each WOW!!!

any suggestions

Old 03-31-2005, 10:34 AM
jacwood, this is F150online.com, but welcome to the forum anyhow. I purchased locking (closed-end 14mm) lugnuts for the FX4 wheels that I put on my truck earlier this year and they were $42 for a set of 4 (at the Ford dealership). I would think non-locking nuts would be cheaper, but maybe not. Anyway, flat (washer)-bottom lugnuts are difficult to find because Ford trucks are the only vehicles (as far as I'm aware) that use hub-centric wheels. This means the wheel is centered by the large hole in the center fitting flush around the axle or spindle. Other vehicles use acorn (conical)-style bottoms to properly center each lug hole around each lug bolt. Anyhow, the moral of the story is that it'll be difficult finding these lugnuts from anyone but Ford. Ford just loves to make proprietary parts, because they know the real money is in repairs, and they want you to come back to them every time.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:51 AM
I purchased Lightning lugs for my FX4 wheels from the following web site for $20.90 for a box of 5 lugs. The part number is M1012C. These are Ford Racing Parts.
http://www.johnbleakleyford.com/frparts.asp

My local Ford dealership wanted $7.50 each.

Good luck!

I can e-mail you a picture.

Last edited by rhdf150; 04-02-2005 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: cant find lugnuts