Front Brakes bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Brakes bad?

I have 2,000 miles on my supercab 2wd and the front rotors look like they are full of deep grooves. And lots of dust. I drive it really easy so its not from hard stops.

Anyone else have this issue? I want to hear some scenarios before I take it in to the dealership. My last truck I went 70,000 miles before i needed brakes, so it can't be my driving.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Years ago I bought a new mustang. It came with the semi metalic pads. They wore grooves in the rotors instead of wearing out the pads. Finally went with regular pads and no more problems. Never had a problem with my 98 F150 4X4 tho.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:34 AM
The OE pads on the new F150’s are vary aggressive and thus hard on the rotors and creates a lot of dust, (the dust is both pad and rotor material). Ford put some goofy return springs on top of the pads halfway through the 2004 model year to help, but really the pads are just too aggressive. I put ceramic pads on my truck and couldn’t be happier, you having a brand new truck, I wouldn't want to pay to get it fixed, but the dealer will turn the rotors and put a new set of the same pads, so the problem will just re-occur.

Pepper - Mustangs now come with ceramic from the factory!

Last edited by Ed753; 03-30-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Just got back from the dealer for an oil change, and had em check the front brakes. They said there is a TSB on the rotors for f150s manufactured before November of 2004. Mine is a Sept. 04 build.

He said next time come in and they will replace the rotors with the new rotors that are suppose to be better. They have had none return yet with the new rotors.

He says if i bring him ceramic pads he will put em in for me while it is apart. I am thinking ceramic because I am getting new wheels next week and want to cut down on the dust.

Should I just get some ceramics from autozone or advance or something better?

Old 03-22-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm sure ed can suggest something. Check out the thread on best pads also.
I could afford the pads. wish I could afford the new Stang. They are sweet. Work with a fellow just got a brand spankin new one light green. Now i'm green with ENVY.

When I was single my pockets would jingle.

Quick Reply: Front Brakes bad?