size mixing

Old 02-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
size mixing

I have an 02 Lightning that I ma looking to drop.

But before I drop it, I want new tires on it, so I can drop it to its maximum potential. The tires I am looking to get are the new Nitto 420S. Good speed rating, well priced.

What my question is; I have 305-45s all the way around. I would like 305/40s in the rear, and 265/30s in the front. Would this create any problems with driving. I know that this would prvent me from front/rear rotation. But the tires are designed so I can at least do left/right rotation. Are there any other problems with these tires, or size options?

Thanks in advance

Old 02-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you will be fine. THose new Nitto's look sweet.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:26 PM
this is off the subject true blue but i read in a post a while back how you transfered all your interior lights to blue. Im trying to do my truck up into a custom and was wondering what you did to do that.

Ben

Old 02-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Ohsure, no problem. Ill tak pictures real quick and post them. I'd bookmark this forum though bc this all the sudden may become a lighting forum ad change paths

Old 02-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Ohsure, no problem. Ill tak pictures real quick and post them. I'd bookmark this forum though bc this all the sudden may become a lighting forum ad change paths

Old 02-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Sorry about teh repeat post

The Frist thing I did was make some blue lights into the spekaer and AC vents. I was yong and stupid, so it never occured to me that I could do it yself. I took it to Car Toys, where I was ripped off, but the place had done some far worse deals. These cost me $210 with all installation, plus install of the 5 switches, and wiring up to the switches. The LEDs used in there were also from Car Toys. The LED come with 4 in each peack. $20 per pack. Apparently, it has to be the lights they offer, and notthe cheaper ones, bc theirs has a box (which I have't found a function for yet...)

The speakers look like this all the way around.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:14 PM

Sory, I messed that up, heres what they're supposed to look like, if all goes well

Old 02-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Sorry, I konw what I did this time.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Another thing I did, was cheap little LED lights that came from Car Toys. They were $12.95, if I remember correctly, and came with 2 lights in each pack. Pictures, are not the bulbs that they offer, but the bulbs I took out from before.

I think what the package says, is that the name of the company offering the bulbs is "Varad." I've never been able to find them anywhere but Car Toys, but you could probably find them cheaper online. I do not enjoy waiting for things to arrive.

I used the lights for the side door panels:

The lights for the 3rd brake lights, and I removed the AC panel and lights up the instruments with them as well.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:43 PM
What i still have planned to do, is get all those instrument lights in blue as well. What i did with that, is I bought some Linrose LED lights from Fry Electronics. They were $2.29 a pop, but if you wnat any color other than blue, they can be bought in bulk at 25 for $9.99

They will be used to blue-out these:

The thing to do, is to pop off the panels that those are in, and solder them in. The bulbs are .3watts, or .3volts. I cant remember the difference. But the statisical difference is HUGE, so go for the smaller of the 2.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:45 PM
The Varad company also makes a dome LED that is great for lighting things up at night. I'm able to push my unlock button and my interior lights up blue with the dome light. I'll try to post what you see from the outside, but in the emantime, heres wht the dome light is, also included is the 3rd brake light.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:36 PM

Above is my truck light up with the unlock botton at night that I mentioned I would try to get

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: size mixing