*Steering wheel & brake pedal shudder when braking at highway speeds
* Rough idle
* Radio "speed volume" does not function

The fix:
* Turned all 4 rotors
* Reflashed PCM
* Replaced radio

The problem:
* I was washing my truck yesterday and noticed that there were big chunks of paint missing on all four of my wheels where the mechanic had used a srew driver or something to pry open the center wheel cover. I could not believe the carelessness of whoever worked on my vehichle. This morning I immediately took my truck back to the dealership and confronted them with the damaged to my wheel. I was ready for a battle , but to my surprise the service manager offered to swap out a set of wheels from one of the truck on his lot. I thought that my problem would be resolved today but the service manager came back and told me that he did not have any wheels that matched mine. I have an 04' STX SC and the wheels that were standard on my truck are no longer available on the 05'. The manager told me that he would try to find someone to repaint my wheels. I'm not sure if any of you guys out there has ever had this problem? He also offered to give me a loaner car while mine is being repaired. I was told that he would contact me when he find out if my wheels can be fixed. I am not the pushy type so I was content with what I was offered. I am not sure if I should go with having my wheels repainted or push for them to be replaced. I like the wheels that I currently have and don't care much for the standard wheels from the 05' STX. Any input on this subject matter will be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd ask for a set of aftermarket wheels.

Quick Reply: Need input for wheel repair.......