first timer

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first timer

hey everyone its about time to get brakes and i was wondering if it is a job i want to go after or since i have no expeirence should i just let someone else do it? im decent with mechanical skillz, exhaust work, systems, bolts ons, cleaning iac (thats a task in its self) and stuff like that. any recommendation on parts to use if i do decide to do it? remember im a poor college kid so no high performance stuff but any help ?

Old 02-20-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure about a 2000, but it's probably similar if not exactly like my 98 f150. No, it's not a job, per-say. If you are decent with mechanix, then you should have no problem with this at all, considering you don't have to have your rotors turned or replaced. If all you're gonna do is replace pads, it's simple. I sure wouldn't give my money somebody else to do it.

As far as parts, I have semi-metalic (not sure which brand) on mine now, but will definetely go with ceramic next time around. I'd rather pay $65-$80 for ceramic pads and not have the dust coating my wheel black like the $45-$60 metalic or semi-metalic pads. But that's up to you, Autozone is where I do most of my shopping. I have found that on most generic items such as this (but not all), they are cheaper. That's my 2 cents.

Hope that helped a little.

Old 02-27-2005, 07:53 PM
There are at least two threads here with step by step instructions. Not a hard process but there are a couple "tricks of the trade" that will help you to do a better job. Just search for the brake job threads.

Quick Reply: first timer