Help me pick some wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me pick some wheels

I've been throwing around the idea of getting some new wheels...but the ones I like are hard to find.

I really like the American Racing Diamond Lock wheels (see the gallery for the user Wookie ) but, like I said, they are near impossible to find...there was an auction on ebay a few weeks back but now nothing shows up for them.

Here's a pic of them from Wookie's gallery:

Now I wouldnt be buying immediately since my job doesnt start back up for at least a few weeks, but I want to see if maybe there are some 16x8 wheels that look pretty close to those out there? I need to keep the size in the 16" range so my 265's will still fit, but eventually I want to go to a 285/75/16 size tire.

I've looked a few companies but I havent seen anything that really appeals to me like these diamond locks do...

so if you know a place that has a good deal on them or know of some wheels that look similar, Id appreciate if you could point me in their direction

Thanks

Old 02-05-2005, 10:45 PM
On discounttiredirect.com they have a wheel called an mbmotoring overdrive that looks pretty similar.

Old 02-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Hmm, that doesnt look bad. Only thing is it says they are out of stock practically everywhere, with "less than 4" in arizona and none in any of the other places...

Old 02-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Also, should I be looking for chrome or polished?

Arent polished wheels harder to keep clean?

Old 02-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man those are some good lookin' wheels. American Racing has several styles similar to mine, MB motoring also had some that I liked but they never were in stock. Good luck in your search, and post some pics when you make up your mind.

Joe

Old 02-06-2005, 05:54 PM
There was a bid on ebay a few weeks ago...i might just have to wait until another one comes up.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Be careful of getting a 16" wheel and make sure they have some type of return policy. I had a problem with the caliper rubbing the wheel, the solution was a 3/16th spacer which I am not in favor of doing so I had to return the wheels.

Quick Reply: Help me pick some wheels