Lets see who's on 24's?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets see who's on 24's?

Im looking into getting 24's with 305/35/24. Trying to get some pics from everyone.....

POST UP!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Texasmojo had 24's, untill they got jacked!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
damn that sucks.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OUCH! first thing i did when i ordered my wheels was ordered a full set of locknuts. not just one but all six are locks. It may not completely prevent theft but it will atleast slow them down enough for me to come out with a bat or a gun, whichever i get to first.

Are 24s really that coveted still though that people go thru the trouble of stealing? I mean where i live, damn near every truck especially new tahoes have 24s, almost as if the dealer was giving them away with a truck purchase.
Makes my 22s look less then adaquate...

Old 09-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
OUCH! first thing i did when i ordered my wheels was ordered a full set of locknuts. not just one but all six are locks. It may not completely prevent theft but it will atleast slow them down enough for me to come out with a bat or a gun, whichever i get to first.

Are 24s really that coveted still though that people go thru the trouble of stealing? I mean where i live, damn near every truck especially new tahoes have 24s, almost as if the dealer was giving them away with a truck purchase.
Makes my 22s look less then adaquate...
I know exactly how you feel. I was at the carwash the other day and I saw and escalade on 24's and when the owner came out she looked like my grandma. Im not hatin cause she had style. But its true everyone got 24's now.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:20 AM
24's don't make your truck cool : not hatin, just stating facts yo

Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Its all about personal opinion I think.

07fx4silver your truck looks real nice with the look your going with. Myself,I like big chrome wheels and the street look. But I have good taste like you so I will not make it look obnoxious like other chrome rides I have seen.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by thenewbreed
Its all about personal opinion I think.

07fx4silver your truck looks real nice with the look your going with. Myself,I like big chrome wheels and the street look. But I have good taste like you so I will not make it look obnoxious like other chrome rides I have seen.
I know, I was just joking around. I've seen a few trucks that look nice with 24's, it's just not my style. I'm sure yours will look good

Old 09-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by 07fx4silver
I know, I was just joking around. I've seen a few trucks that look nice with 24's, it's just not my style. I'm sure yours will look good
Im looking at your skid plate. Does that replace the rubber under cover that connects to the bumper. I have been think about replacing it with one but not sure If I have the height.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Im looking at your skid plate. Does that replace the rubber under cover that connects to the bumper. I have been think about replacing it with one but not sure If I have the height.
Yes, but it's not the skid plate that replaced it, the lift itself got rid of that. I'm sure you'd have the height, since skid plates don't sacrifice height (usually) but most skid plates won't work on factory set-up's (except the factory one) unless you get one custom made. Also, 24's are a street look and a skid plate is a off road look, kinda conflicting, I'd be wondering what the hell kind of a look this guy is going for

Old 09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I didnt even think about that. Thats why i like these forums. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 AM
I didnt even think about that. Thats why i like these forums. Thanks for pointing that out.
No problem, but by all means if you want to get one don't let me tell you no, it's your truck, so do as you wish

Old 09-09-2008, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by 07fx4silver
Also, 24's are a street look and a skid plate is a off road look, kinda conflicting, I'd be wondering what the hell kind of a look this guy is going for
Not necessarily, an off road skid plate may look weird on a street truck, but simply put a skid plate shot with some black undercoating and in line with the factory/lowered suspension will keep road debris, roadkill, and small rodents from your engine compartment especially on a lowered truck.

I hate that ugly rubber diffuser thing that goes from the bumper to the crossmember, and i havent had the time but i want to make a sheetmetal plate that will direct air a bit better at the tranny cooler and keep junk from getting up underneath there. i have had the rubber deflector torn off twice now.

Im just saying that a small skid plate will offer benefits on a lowered truck too, well not really a skid plate, more of an underplate air diffuser protecto thingamajig. cant really call it a skid plate lol.

Last edited by Fabian06SC; 09-09-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
Not necessarily, an off road skid plate may look weird on a street truck, but simply put a skid plate shot with some black undercoating and in line with the factory/lowered suspension will keep road debris, roadkill, and small rodents from your engine compartment especially on a lowered truck.

I hate that ugly rubber diffuser thing that goes from the bumper to the crossmember, and i havent had the time but i want to make a sheetmetal plate that will direct air a bit better at the tranny cooler and keep junk from getting up underneath there. i have had the rubber deflector torn off twice now.

Im just saying that a small skid plate will offer benefits on a lowered truck too, well not really a skid plate, more of an underplate air diffuser protecto thingamajig. cant really call it a skid plate lol.

Thats what I am looking for. My diffuser has fallen off also. Where should I look to buy one.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:50 AM

to buy one, i would say perhaps get a factory one off a 4x4. IDK if they all come with them but dont the fx4s have a factory skid plate? Should bolt up just fine, since both the 2wd and 4wd share the same frame.
Ask some of the guys around here with aftermarket lift kits

Search this Thread