Chirping Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2001, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Chirping Hubs

I have had my 99' F-150 4x4 Sport for about two years, and there is a chiping noise that comes from the front wheels, and you can only hear it when the windows are down, I took it in for service and they said they couln't here it, it's so annoying in the summer time!!! I have heard other F-150's do this too, is this normal? Did anyone ever get this taken care of?? Please enlighten me on this subject!

Old 01-24-2001, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't describe mine as chirping, but I had a high pitched "rattle" or jingle coming from the front wheels. I took the center caps off the wheels and the cotter pins that hold the bearing bolts on were rattling. I put some silicone around the pins and voila, it stopped.

Check yours out to see if that's it.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 5.4L, 4x4, auto, Extended Cab, Deep Wedgewood Blue, 3.55, Towing Package, Sliding window, CD player, 4 wheel abs/discs, 255/70/16's, bedmat, K&N Gen II FIPK, Manik One-piece Black Grille Guard
Planned Mods: Black Max Tonneau, Hella 500's, Edelbrock Shocks

Old 01-25-2001, 05:49 PM
Talking

ya, I would describe it as what you said, it's kinda like a jingle, thats a good idea, I think will try what you said with the silicone on the cotte pins, ! Thats a real good idea, thanks alot man!

Quick Reply: Chirping Hubs