Post ABS codes please

Old 07-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ABS codes please

Someone please post abs codes please.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:13 AM
Give me a day or two...but I'll get to it.

Old 07-25-2003, 08:34 AM
ABS codes...as promised

saltzman,

Here they are, these are directly from my chilton manual, so don't hold me responsible if they're not 100% accurate. I'm assuming you have Rear ABS only, since 4-wheel ABS requires a scanning tool to diagnose. RABS is the only one you can do without the scanner. Here goes:

You didn't ask for the procedures to get these codes, but I'll write them anyway since the book is open:
Put the ignition in 'run' position, and locate the black RABS II diagnostic connector. (behind pass. side kick panel) Detach the two connector halves and attach one end of a jumper wire to the black/orange wire side of the connector. Ground the other end of the jumper wire (I'm told a screw driver works just fine). Now your ABS light should begin to flash. The code should continue to repeat itself until the ignition is switched back to off.

As you probably know, you're supposed to count the number of times your ABS light flashes on the dash, including the last, much longer flash, and use these codes to diagnose your problem. These codes are for all 97-00 RABS F-series trucks except 99-00 Super Duty Models:

# of Flashes Problem
2: Open RABS II Isolation Solenoid Circuit
3: Open RABS II Dump Solenoid Circuit
4: Open/Grounded RABS Valve Reset Circuit
5: Excessive Dump Solenoid Activity
6: Erratic Rear Anti-Lock Brake Sensor Circuit
7: No Isolation Solenoid During Self-Check
8: No Dump Solenoid During Self-Check
9: High Speed Sensor Resistance
10: Low Speed Sensor Resistance
11: Brake Pedal Position (BPP) Switch Closed
12: Loss of Brake Fluid During an Anti-Lock Stop
13: RABS II Module Failure
16: RABS System OK

Hope this helps out! What was the brake problem anyway? Was the ABS light on?

Old 07-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Unhappy Got a Pic of that

I tried to find the Black RABS II Diagnostic Connector, the only Orange/Black wires I found all went to my A/C and Fan. Do you have a pic of what that connector looks like?

Old 07-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Sorry, no picture of it. I have been told on numerous occasions that it sits behind the passenger side kick panel. If it isn't there, my guess is it is under your drivers side dash. Not sure though.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Unhappy

I am having RABS II problems as well. I replaced the rear sensor and still getting the light. I found the BK/O wire connected to the Red wire on the pass. side kick panel. Tried the diagnostic several different ways and could not get the ABS light to start flashing. I have a 97 F150 that was actually purchased in Feb. 96, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I noticed in several posts that the diagnostic has to be started while the ABS light is on. I tried this yesterday. When I drove into the driveway, the ABS light was on, so I left the truck running and disconnected the coupler, grounded the BK/O wire to the chassis with no luck.

Others just say turn the engine to the "run" position, the light will come on then go off, then disconnect the coupler and ground the BK/O wire. I tried grounding to the chassis as well as to the NEG. terminal on the battery with no luck.

I called a friend of mine who works as a service writer for Ford. He asked a technician about the diagnostic I was running and the tech said it was only good on '96 and older trucks. There might have been a lack of communication as we were on cell phones.

HELP! I hate to take this to dealer and get screwed!

Last edited by WhiteStallion; 08-01-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Well, it sounds like you're doing it right. Maybe try a different jumper wire? It should work, put the key in the 'run' position, follow the instructions, and it should work. It is supposed to work for all 97-00 F-150s. Keep trying!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post ABS codes please