Ecoboost No Brakes First Thing In Morning- Here's Why

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ecoboost No Brakes First Thing In Morning- Here's Why

I am sure this has been talked about before on the boards but I wanted to go over it in more detail as to exactly what the cause of it is. You may only experience this is the morning and may think nothing of it but in reality it is a very dangerous and expensive repair. Take a look..

Old 10-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi & Thankee fer this info - and all of the other info you have graciously shared here.

Congrats on yer New Title !!! Well-deserved!

Old 10-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed. This guy is the man.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Awesome videos man thank you for having a non bias straight forward approach.

Noticed that the new one is now plastic. Probably what the old one should have been.

Can't believe that they don't run into these things during their testing. So much for tearing down everything jeeze.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excellent video and description.

To be clear though - you still have brakes even when the vacuum pump fails. You just have no (or very little) boost from the vacuum booster. You will still meet the FMVSS stopping requirements for a non-boosted stop.

And for the change to electric vacuum pump. It was surely driven by the need to increase MPGs. A cam shaft driven vacuum pump runs non-stop (when the engine is on). This one only runs when needed so there is less energy consumption.

Any idea when they changed to the plastic pumps???
I have a 2012 EB... I'm hoping I might already have the improved pump!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi & Thankee fer this info - and all of the other info you have graciously shared here.

Wow I didn't even notice till you said something.

Originally Posted by mkosu04
excellent video and description.

To be clear though - you still have brakes even when the vacuum pump fails. You just have no (or very little) boost from the vacuum booster. You will still meet the FMVSS stopping requirements for a non-boosted stop.

And for the change to electric vacuum pump. It was surely driven by the need to increase MPGs. A cam shaft driven vacuum pump runs non-stop (when the engine is on). This one only runs when needed so there is less energy consumption.

Any idea when they changed to the plastic pumps???
I have a 2012 EB... I'm hoping I might already have the improved pump!
I don't think they ever did, I think the revised plastic housing only comes as a service part, in 2013 they went to cam driven pumps.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:03 PM
No brake

2013 fx4 echoboost
Hi i have a 2013 fx4 echoboost and have brake problems. While i m driving, dashbord display message in ref:..... check for brake system......with all bell warning ringing... When i toutch the brake pedals it s hard as a rock and no brake at all.... Computer register code c 109d, Dealership already change brake booster and vacuum pump but problems still there, they dont know what to do next......even with ford hot line they dont know....happen five time since october...intermittent problems, always in humid or rainny day for now, Anybody have heard about that? Very dangerous. Imagine having this message at 110 km/h
Happen 2 times, after they change vacuum pump, next time they change the brake booster, and now after two morentime they dont know what to do, even the compagny, i m stuck with that
Help please

Old 05-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Quick Reply: Ecoboost No Brakes First Thing In Morning- Here's Why