Stumbling on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 09:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... SUPERDAVE666 : I asked the computer tech at my dealer about changing the tire size to compensate for my 4.10 gears also at the time. He told me he tried and it would'nt except the size he needed to get the speedo right on. I have 275/60/R-17's GOODYEAR tires. They are 29.99 inches tall. How ever I am switching to SCORPION 255/55/R-17 tires this SPRING. They are only 28.1 inches tall. They will make my 4.10 gears feel like 4.30's!LOL! My computer also would only allow calibration to 3.56 gear ratio. I have the "FLIP-CHIP" because I have a seperate custom program JUST for the dragstrip. You would probably only need the regular SUPERCHIP. As for "PINGING", I've never had any. You must run PREMIUM fuel though with these chips. I would go with the true duels if I were you. Cut the very restrictive factory out and carry on from there. If your going to do true duels, make sure you use 3-chamber FLOWMASTER mufflers. If you use a 2-chamber on a true duel exhaust system on these trucks, YOU WILL lose low-end power. Also make sure you install a "H" pipe or even better, a "X" pipe. I'm running true duels through FLOWMASTER 3-chamber "RACE" style straight in, straight out mufflers. My tale pipes are 3 inches, and exit out before the rear tire like the LIGHTNING's system does. It does'nt drone in the cab on the highway. If you have any more questions feel free to E-MAIL me. My E-MAIL is in my SIG below.

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK" E-MAIL :nnewman@sympatico.ca
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP "FLIP-CHIP", BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS, FORD RACING 24LB injectors, RUSSELL stainless steel braided tranny lines with fittings.

FUTURE MODS : BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150 LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 340H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 16.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon JAZ fuel cell,etc

Quick Reply: Stumbling on acceleration