New Bosch Spark plugs...improved power

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2001, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Bosch Spark plugs...improved power

well, I have only had my truck about a month, and I got around to replacing the spark plugs today. it ahs 88k on it, and was over due, as the plugs and wires were orginal.

The plugs were horrible, the ecectrodes were worn down to almost nothing, making the gap at least 4 times what it should be, and I had alot of ash deposit on them. After changing the plugs and wires, I took it for test drive, and wow....easier start, quieter, smoother idle, and more power!!!

One question, I am having trouble making the new wires stay on the distrubutor, it's like they are slick, and they want to slide up on there own.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-24-2001, 07:01 PM
What engine do you have?

------------------
1997 XLT Teal 4.6L Flareside 4x4. Automatic, Reg. cab, tinted windows, bug deflector, Dual exhaust, K&N Generation 2 air filter, BullDog keyless entry/remote start(installed myself), Custom 16" wheels, bedliner, Covercraft tonneau cover, electronic shift on the fly. Going to add headers.

Old 02-24-2001, 09:04 PM
I have the 300 I6. it's freakin legend of a motor.
UNSTOPPABLE~!!!!

Although i think I might have a very TINY rear main leak. I have heard that the 300's are known for it.

Old 02-24-2001, 09:29 PM
Try to rough up your towers a little bit, it should help. What year is the truck??

Old 03-18-2001, 06:52 AM
I know it's been a few weeks since you posted this. I had a 95 with the same motor. I put the split fires in it. I had no problem getting the wires to stay on the distributor.

------------------
1997 XLT Teal 4.6L Flareside 4x4 ORP. Automatic, Reg. cab, 3.55LS, tinted windows, bug deflector, Dual exhaust, K&N Generation 2 air filter, BullDog keyless entry/remote start(installed myself), Modern 16" wheels, bedliner, Covercraft tonneau cover, White faced gauges, electronic shift on the fly, Clarion ADX5655z Double Din Cassette & CD, 4 Pioneer TS-A6865 speakers and superchip. Going to add headers.

Quick Reply: New Bosch Spark plugs...improved power